BESSEMER, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man was fatally shot in what appears to be a domestic dispute.
AL.com reports the Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the victim in the Monday night shooting as 26-year-old Quinton Lee Sims of Birmingham. Bessemer police found Sims with a single gunshot wound at a home. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Authorities said the shooting appears to have stemmed from a domestic dispute, and a male suspect is in custody. No further details have been released.
The shooting was the ninth fatal shooting in Bessemer so far this year, and the 138th fatal shooting in the county during the same time span.
- 26-year-old Alabama man killed in shooting at a home
- Alabama man kills wife, kid before fatally shooting himself
- Police identify man killed in Alabama interstate shooting
- Man killed in standoff with Alabama deputies
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Alabama man charged with killing his father
- Man arrested in Alabama apartment shooting death
- Police: 4 arrested in Alabama for shooting into home, cars
- Alabama trooper shoots, kills driver after car chase
- 1 women killed, 2 others hurt in Alabama shooting