LAUREL, Miss. (AP) — A 2-year-old girl has apparently drowned after wandering away from her Mississippi home.
Jones County Sheriff Alex Hodge told news outlets that deputies were called about a missing child around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators say Ida Landrum apparently got out of the front door of her home. Her body was found in a nearby pond about an hour later.
Hodge says it appeared the girl drowned.
- 2-year-old Mississippi girl drowns after wandering from home
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- 3 teenagers drown in Mississippi's Biloxi River
- JCJC no more: Call me Jones, says Mississippi 2-year-college
- Coroner: 2-year-old girl dies after falling into pool
- 2-year-old Alabama girl dies after left in hot car
- Authorities say drowning in Mississippi lake was accidental
- Toddler drowns in canal at Mississippi RV park
- Sheriff: Girls attacked mom found dead near Mississippi home