LEXINGTON, Miss. (AP) — Two murder suspects who escaped from a Mississippi jail have been recaptured.
Holmes County Sheriff Willie March tells local news outlets that deputies caught 19-year-old Darren Clark running through a yard in Lexington about 7 a.m. Monday. They caught 35-year-old Antony Fisher about 11 a.m. Monday.
March says Clark and Fisher were cellmates. He says they escaped through the jail ceiling and over a barbed wire fence around 2 a.m. Monday.
Clark is one of four men charged with robbing and killing a Jackson pastor in January. He's also charged with a December store robbery.
Fisher is charged with killing 75-year-old Ora Lee Irvin in Pickens. Irvin was found shot in the back of her head in her backyard in May. Fisher is also charged with a Lexington armed robbery.
- 2 murder suspects recaptured after escaping Mississippi jail
- Authorities: 5 inmates recaptured after Alabama jail escape
- Escaped inmate found with loaded gun in jail after recapture
- Man who escaped prison work crew recaptured in Mississippi
- Inmate recaptured, had escaped hospital through ceiling
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- Mississippi murder suspect, bystander killed in Texas
- 2 Mississippi women jailed on murder-for-hire charges
- Alabama inmate recaptured at gas station