BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities have released the names of two people killed in separate shootings in Alabama's largest city.
Birmingham police say the first shooting happened around 7 a.m. Sunday near Princeton Baptist Medical Center. Police say 45-year-old Octavia Dortch died at the scene.
Birmingham Police said the second shooting happened around 8:30 a.m. near a gas station on the south side of the city. Twenty-eight-year-old Gregory Snodgress died in his vehicle at the scene.
Police spokesman Rod Mauldin said Snodgress and another man were involved in a confrontation before the shooting. The suspect left in another vehicle.
Police have not said whether the cases could be related.
No arrests have been made.
- 2 killed in separate Birmingham shootings within 90 minutes
- Birmingham mayor ask council to pay $90 million for stadium
- Birmingham commits $90 million for stadium, Legacy Arena
- Fire officials: 1 person killed in Birmingham blaze
- 4 men wounded in Birmingham drive-by shooting
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport's CEO to retire
- Birmingham Police officer arrested, released on bond
- Birmingham bus service gets $3.6M federal grant
- Doctor comes home to hardscrabble Birmingham neighborhood
- Woman shot to death inside Birmingham home