RAYMOND, Miss. (AP) — Sheriff's deputies say they have captured one of two inmates who escaped from a county jail in Mississippi.
News outlets reported that two inmates got away from the Raymond Detention Center before dawn Monday.
The Hinds County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that one of the inmates has been caught.
Jail officials say the inmates had escaped through a crawl space and then got past a razor wire fence.
Deputies are looking for 38-year-old John William Gray of Pulaski. Gray was being held on business burglary charges and for probation violations.
Forty-one-year-old Marcell Martin of Jackson was found around 7 a.m. Monday in some woods near Midway. Martin was being held in his wife's death on charges of murder and possession of a gun on Valentine's Day.
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured
- Mississippi inmate captured 2 days after his escape
- Inmates captured after escaping correctional facility
- Escaped Tennessee inmate captured after 5-day manhunt
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center
- Last of 3 escaped inmates captured in Alabama
- Inmate found dead in South Mississippi jail
- Authorities: 5 inmates recaptured after Alabama jail escape
- 2 inmates who escaped from Alabama jail caught in Illinois