JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two people have been found dead inside a car in Mississippi.
News outlets report Jackson Police Chief Lee Vance said a man and a woman were found unresponsive and partially clothed Thursday morning, and were later pronounced dead. The victims have been identified as 33-year-old Laura Francis Peyton and 31-year-old Casey Ross Vaughn.
Sgt. Roderick Holmes says there were no apparent signs of trauma to the bodies. The cause of death remains unknown pending the results of autopsies and toxicology reports.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 2 found dead, partially clothed in car in Mississippi
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Man accused of killing neighbor found dead in Mississippi
- 5 dogs found dead, possibly poisoned in Mississippi
- Mississippi announces dead deer found with fatal disease
- Mississippi officials seek family of dead man found at home
- Missing Mississippi woman, 30, found dead in Florida
- Mother and daughter found dead in central Mississippi home
- Mississippi house fire where man found dead ruled an arson
- 71-year-old man found dead at truck stop in Mississippi