HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Two people have died in a head-on collision on Mississippi 15 in Perry County.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Friday about 5 p.m. to the crash, just south of the Jones County line.
The Hattiesburg American reports Sgt. Travis Luckton says an SUV driven by 65-year-old Tommy Hinton, of Richton, was headed north when his car crossed the center line and hit a southbound car driven by 16-year-old Erin Anderson, of Laurel.
Luckton says a passenger in Anderson's car, 16-year-old Brenna Clark, of Laurel, and a passenger in the SUV, 26-year-old Thomas Hinton, of Richton, were both pronounced dead at the scene.
Hinton and Anderson were taken to an area hospital with moderate injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 2 die in head-on collision in Mississippi
- 2 Mississippi children die in house fire
- 11 dogs headed to Minnesota die after van breaks down
- 3 die in house fire in central Mississippi
- 16 inmates die in Mississippi prison system in August
- 5 die on Mississippi roads during New Year's holiday
- 2 die in Mississippi in wreck with sheriff's deputy
- Confederate emblem remains on Mississippi flag as bills die
- Bills to expand hate crimes law die at Mississippi Capitol
- Arrow removed from dog's head in Mississippi