JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Police in Mississippi's capital city say two children have been hospitalized after being shot while riding in a vehicle.
A Jackson Police Department spokesman, Sam Brown, says the shootings happened Tuesday.
The 13-year-old and the 1-year-old were in a vehicle with their mother, their grandmother and another adult.
Shots came from another vehicle, hitting the children.
None of the adults in the vehicle with the children was hurt.
Police were searching for two suspects.
- 2 children wounded in traffic shooting in Mississippi
- 5 wounded by gunfire at Mississippi restaurant and lounge
- Mississippi flight instructor wins at wounded warrior games
- Mississippi man who shot at deputies wounded by return fire
- 2 Mississippi children die in house fire
- 3 children dead in Mississippi crash
- 4 men wounded in Birmingham drive-by shooting
- Police: 3 people wounded during shooting at nightclub
- Sheriff: Man arrested in domestic shooting that wounded son
- Man indicted in Christmas Eve lounge shooting that wounded 5