JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two people have been arrested in connection with the death of a Mississippi man whose body was found at what authorities say was a phony accident scene.
The body of 44-year-old Roger Lee Scruggs Jr. of Brandon was found Dec. 2 under a bridge in rural Yazoo County near an overturned all-terrain vehicle. Last week, an investigator told local media that detectives believe Scruggs was killed somewhere else.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation announced in a news release the arrests of two Jackson men — John May and Larry Cooper — on charges of conspiracy, hindering prosecution and accessory after the fact of murder. They await a Dec. 27 initial court appearance. Results of an autopsy on Scruggs are pending. The MBI hasn't said whether other arrests are expected.
- Woman charged in connection to death at faked accident scene
- 2 charged in connection with death at faked accident scene
- Authorities: Veteran faked death to avoid child rape charges
- Man charged in connection with 91-year-old woman's death
- Fugitive accused of faking death extradited to Mississippi
- Mississippi confirms its 1st death connected to vaping
- Woman charged in connection with homicide in Alabama
- Man charged in connection with shooting of teenager
- Wyoming accident results in deaths of 2 men
- Mother charged in 4-year-old daughter's death