YAZOO CITY, Miss. (AP) — A man and a woman have been arrested in the beating death of a central Mississippi man.
Yazoo City police tell local news outlets they have arrested Victor Ross Manor and Atoya Savell on capital murder charges in the death of Billy Ray Peeples.
It's unclear if the two have lawyers.
The 67-year-old Peeples was known around Yazoo City as the "Peanut Man" for his history of selling boiled peanuts.
He was found unconscious in a pool of blood inside a storage building on June 11, after he had been missing for several days. Peeples died eight days later at a Jackson hospital, having never regained consciousness from the head trauma he had suffered.
Police didn't immediately say why they believe Manor and Savell had killed Peeples.
- 2 arrested in June death of Mississippi 'Peanut Man'
- Charges dismissed in June death of Mississippi 'Peanut Man'
- Peanut storage facility catches fire in Delta
- Suspect in Missouri man's death arrested in Mississippi
- Man arrested in strangling death of Mississippi woman
- Mississippi man wanted in wife's death arrested in Utah
- Second man arrested in shooting death of Mississippi pastor
- Mississippi man arrested, wanted for questioning in death
- Man falls to death at Mississippi refinery
- Organizer: 2017 Peanut Festival may have seen record crowds