RICHLAND, Miss. (AP) - Richland Police Chief Russell James says two of his officers have been fired for sexual misconduct.
Neither of the officers faces charges at this time, and the police department is not releasing their names. Details of the alleged misconduct have not been disclosed.
WLBT-TV reports the terminations occurred this week. They were officially terminated Wednesday after the Board of Aldermen met a day earlier to make the decision.
- 2 Richland Police officers fired for sexual misconduct
- Principal acquitted in teacher sexual misconduct probe
- Off-duty police officer accused of sexually assaulting woman
- Senatobia aldermen fire 2 veteran police officers
- Police Chief: 'Cowards' ambushed, fired at officers
- Tuscaloosa police officer killed
- Mississippi county rehires deputy accused of misconduct
- Man makes police brutality claims; 2 officers get fired
- Nissan chair Ghosn arrested in probe of financial misconduct
- 6 accused of election misconduct in central Mississippi