VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say two Mississippi men have been arrested in connection with an attack that left another man in critical condition.
Vicksburg police Sgt. Johnnie Edwards told news outlets that responding officers found Corey Beard walking on a street. Edwards says Beard was holding his head and blood was running down his face. He suffered a fractured skull, punctured liver, and broken ribs.
The Vicksburg Post reports 42-year-old Everett Charles Lowe is accused of hitting Beard in the head with an aluminum baseball bat on Saturday, and 43-year-old Louis Ramsey Kelly is accused of kicking Beard while he was on the ground.
Police later arrested and charged them with aggravated assault. It's unclear if they have lawyers.
- 2 Mississippi men arrested in connection with attack on man
- Police: Homeless Mississippi man attacks man with knife
- 4 men arrested after dogfighting ring bust in Mississippi
- 2 more men arrested after Mississippi police officer slain
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- 3 men charged with Mississippi weekend death
- Owls attack Mississippi hunter prowling for turkeys
- Police: Teenager arrested in connection with shooting
- Mississippi confirms its 1st death connected to vaping
- Mississippi employee arrested for embezzlement