OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — Two east Alabama firefighters have been seriously injured during a training exercise.
Police say two members of the Opelika Fire Department were hurt Thursday afternoon while training inside an abandoned home. Authorities haven't released their names.
Police Capt. Bobby Kilgore says one firefighter suffered from smoke inhalation and the other suffered burns. Kilgore tells the Opelika-Auburn News the injuries are serious.
The Opelika Fire Department says one person was taken to UAB Hospital in Birmingham and the other went to a hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
- 2 Alabama firefighters seriously hurt while training
- Man hurt after train, car collide
- 4 hurt in ambulance wreck in Alabama
- 3 officers hurt in Alabama police chase
- Child, 2 adults hurt when train collides with car in Alabama
- Firefighters battle fire at historic Alabama house
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in Alabama school shooting
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in shootings in Alabama
- 1 person hurt in small plane crash in Alabama
- State troopers: 7 children hurt in Alabama school bus crash