LEXINGTON, Miss. (AP) — A nightclub shooting in rural central Mississippi has left a 16-year-old dead and two other people injured.
Holmes County Sheriff Willie March tells local news outlets the shooting happened late Thursday outside the Magic City nightclub near Lexington.
March says 16-year-old James Brown died early Friday morning. Taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds were 21-year-old Zamarcus Greer and 20-year-old Marion Friar. The sheriff didn’t say on Friday what condition each was in.
The sheriff says deputies are still trying to figure out what happened and why. He says the 16-year-old may have been caught in a crossfire between two other people
March says he’s looking for witnesses.
- 16-year-old dies in Mississippi club shooting, 2 others hurt
- Mississippi man accused of shooting 16-year-old charged
- Professor dies in Mississippi Delta wreck as 2 others hurt
- Psychologist: Solitary confinement hurts Mississippi inmates
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Mississippi man dies from possible road rage shooting
- Mississippi man dies in shooting following family argument
- 2 people dead, 3 people hurt in Mississippi crash
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash