JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi's capital city say a 16-year-old boy has been killed after being shot in the face.
Jackson police say officers responded to a home on Lindsey Drive shortly before 5:30 p.m. Friday.
They found that Cameron Kelly had been killed by a gunshot wound to the right eye.
The Clarion-Ledger reports that a 19-year-old man was taken into custody.
Police say their investigation was ongoing.
The Jackson newspaper reports that Kelly's death marks the 60th homicide in the city this year.
- 16-year-old boy is shot in the face and killed in Jackson
- 16-year-old faces charges for racist message on school wall
- Man killed in parking shooting in Jackson
- Student shot, wounded on Jackson State University's campus
- Jackson State University faces deadline on school finances
- Mississippi man accused of shooting 16-year-old charged
- Body found near Montgomery street was that of 16-year-old
- Man killed in hit-and-run on highway in Jackson
- Authorities: Boy, 7, accidentally shoots, kills self
- Men, boy charged in Mississippi after shot fired at deputies