BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — One woman has died and two others were hurt in a shooting in Alabama's largest city.
News outlets reported the shooting happened around noon Monday at a public housing community in Birmingham.
The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the dead woman as 38-year-old Venus Felicia Godhigh of Anniston.
Police think Godhigh was driving a sports utility vehicle with two other women inside when someone approached the vehicle and began firing.
Godhigh died at the scene. The other two women were taken to a hospital for treatment. Their names have not been released.
No arrests have been announced. Investigators have not released a possible motive.
Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin and other police and city officials went door-to-door Monday night to reassure residents and ask for their help on potential witnesses.
- 1 women killed, 2 others hurt in Alabama shooting
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in Alabama school shooting
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in shootings in Alabama
- 2 Alabama firefighters seriously hurt while training
- 4 hurt in ambulance wreck in Alabama
- 3 officers hurt in Alabama police chase
- 26-year-old Alabama man killed in shooting at a home
- Fatal shooting marks 100th killing this year in Alabama city
- Alabama man kills wife, kid before fatally shooting himself
- Alabama girl, 16, killed in apparent drive-by shooting