WAYNESBORO, Miss. (AP) — County officials in south Mississippi say one person has been killed in a "pipeline explosion."
Wayne County Supervisor Joe Dyess tells WDAM-TV that the Friday morning explosion involved a stationary holding tank, but he could not say what was inside the tank.
Sheriff Jody Ashley says one person died. Ashley says first responders believe the explosion came from a battery tank near a pipeline, according to WJTV-TV.
Dyess says several ambulances and an air medical transport unit were on the scene.
It was not immediately clear whether other people were injured.
Wayne County is south of Meridian.
- 1 killed in 'pipeline explosion' in south Mississippi
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured
- Pilot killed when small plane crashes in south Mississippi
- Teenager killed at back-to-school event in south Mississippi
- Search underway for south Mississippi escapee
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Inmate found dead in South Mississippi jail
- 1 dead after south Mississippi police shooting
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- Coroner IDs woman killed crossing Mississippi road