HAZLEHURST, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man has been killed and seven people were injured in a nightclub shooting in southwest Mississippi.
Hazlehurst Police Chief Byron Swilley told news outlets that 26-year-old Jonathan Miller was shot to death at Tootsie's Spot around 2:53 a.m. Sunday. Police are searching for 23-year-old Dariendejuan "Daquan" Fells and 21-year-old Odarius Black in the shooting.
Both suspects are accused of "recklessly" firing eight shots in the building.
Swilley says one person is still in stable condition while the six others have been released from the hospital.
Police say Fells and Black will be charged with murder and seven counts of aggravated assault. Police believe the shooting stemmed from a fight, but the exact motive is still undetermined.
- 1 dead, 7 injured in nightclub shooting in Mississippi
- 1 dead in shooting at Mississippi nightclub
- 1 man dead, another injured after Mississippi shooting
- Woman, father injured, gunman dead in Mississippi shooting
- Man dead, 2 injured, in central Mississippi shooting
- Man dies after being shot at Mississippi nightclub
- Man held after 4 hit in Attala County nightclub shooting
- Police: 3 people wounded during shooting at nightclub
- Man charged in Alabama nightclub shooting at rapper's show
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead