BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say one person is dead and three children are hospitalized after an early-morning house fire in Birmingham.
A battalion fire chief, Sebastian Carrillo, tells news outlets that firefighters were called to a home that was on fire around 4:40 a.m. Thursday.
Firefighters found one person dead inside the structure. Carrillo says three children ranging in age from infancy to a teenager were rescued from the flames with serious injuries.
Two small children were taken to Children's of Alabama. The third person was taken to Princeton Hospital.
Authorities haven't released any names or the conditions of the victims.
- 1 dead, 3 injured after house fire in Birmingham
- Fire officials: 1 person killed in Birmingham blaze
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport's CEO to retire
- Birmingham Police officer arrested, released on bond
- Birmingham bus service gets $3.6M federal grant
- Doctor comes home to hardscrabble Birmingham neighborhood
- Woman shot to death inside Birmingham home
- Amazon to locate distribution center near Birmingham
- Birmingham offering amnesty for ticket holders
- 11th Circuit revives Birmingham minimum wage lawsuit