BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — One man is dead and another one is injured after their truck collided with a train on the Mississippi Gulf Coast early Sunday.
WLOX-TV reports the accident happened just after midnight at the Rodenburg Avenue crossing in Biloxi. Neither man has been identified. The injured man was taken to a hospital.
The Biloxi Police Department says the driver of the truck ignored flashing lights and failed to yield to the train on the CSX tracks.
It’s unclear if the driver was impaired. Police continue investigating.
The city of Biloxi is in the process of closing six of its 29 railroad crossings, but not Rodenburg Avenue.
An National Transportation Safety Board investigation found a 2017 bus crash that killed four stemmed from a Biloxi railroad crossing with an overly steep hump.
- 1 dead, 1 injured as pickup hit by train in Mississippi
- Man crashes pickup truck into Mississippi courthouse
- Pedestrian struck by pickup truck dies in Mississippi
- Man and dog rescued from pickup truck in Mississippi pond
- Man dead, 2 injured, in central Mississippi shooting
- 1 dead, 7 injured in nightclub shooting in Mississippi
- 1 man dead, another injured after Mississippi shooting
- Woman, father injured, gunman dead in Mississippi shooting
- Police: Driver dead after trying to hit Mississippi officers
- Some Mississippi lawmakers trained against sexual harassment