MARION, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a man shot and wounded his girlfriend and her father before killing himself in a store parking lot.
Marion Police Chief Randall Davis told news outlets the shooting happened around 6:30 p.m. Sunday in that community some 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of the state capital of Jackson.
Davis says the woman and her father were taken to a hospital with injuries that did not appear to be life-threatening. Police did not immediately identify the three.
Davis said he doesn't know yet what prompted the shooting.
- Woman, father injured, gunman dead in Mississippi shooting
- 1 dead, 7 injured in nightclub shooting in Mississippi
- Man dead, 2 injured, in central Mississippi shooting
- 1 man dead, another injured after Mississippi shooting
- Coroner: Father, son shot dead on Mississippi highway
- Father, son dead in gyrocopter crash in Mississippi
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- 2 dead after Mississippi convenience store shooting
- 1 dead in shooting at Mississippi nightclub
- New Year's Day shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured