JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi's capital city say a rapper has died after someone shot into the vehicle he was driving and it hit the front of a house.
Jackson police Sgt. Roderick Holmes says the shooting happened Sunday night, killing 22-year-old Lonnie Taylor of Jackson.
News outlets report that Taylor's stage name is Lil Lonnie. He has several videos online.
Holmes says a woman in the vehicle with Taylor was not injured.
- Rapper Lil Lonnie shot to death in his Mississippi hometown
- Mississippi hometown to honor late Temptations singer
- Gunfire ends Lil Baby concert in Alabama; 1 injured
- Pastor shot to death while unlocking Mississippi church
- Man shot to death at apartment complex in Mississippi
- Rappers Jay-Z and Yo Gotti are behind a lawsuit targeting Mississippi's prison conditions
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Atlanta-based rapper, promoter reported missing in Alabama
- Bodies found in Alabama linked to missing rapper, promoter
- Man charged in Alabama nightclub shooting at rapper's show