JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Officials have identified a who was man shot to death at a Mississippi apartment complex.
Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart told news outlets that 20-year-old Quinvarus Devon Parker died in the shooting in Jackson early Friday.
Jackson Police Sgt. Roderick Holmes says officers were called to a shooting and found a man unresponsive outside one of the units. Holmes says the victim died at the scene.
Police say Parker left his apartment to meet someone in the parking lot and shots were fired moments later. They say Parker ran back toward his apartment before he collapsed.
Investigators think Parker knew the suspects, who were reported to leave the scene in two vehicles.
No arrests have been made.
- Man shot to death at apartment complex in Mississippi
- Man dies after being shot at Alabama apartment complex
- Police: Man shot and killed at apartments in Mississippi
- Authorities identify man shot to death at Alabama apartment
- Man arrested in Alabama apartment shooting death
- Two firefighters injured in Ridgeland apartment complex fire
- Rapper Lil Lonnie shot to death in his Mississippi hometown
- Pastor shot to death while unlocking Mississippi church
- Elderly man's body found after Mississippi apartment fire
- Alabama man, 22, shot dead inside own apartment