JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with shooting and killing his mother in a Mississippi grocery store parking lot.
Jackson Police Sgt. Rodrick Holmes said in a news release that 33-year-old Terry Huchen has been charged with murder in the shooting death of 51-year-old Ronia Rodgers.
Holmes said the shooting happened in a grocery store parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Holmes said officers found Rodgers in a vehicle and she was taken to a hospital where she died.
The spokesman said both Huchen and Rodgers were in the vehicle when the shooting occurred. Police have not released a possible motive.
It was not known if Huchen has an attorney yet.
- Man arrested and charged with killing mom in Mississippi
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Murder charge dropped for Alabama man accused of killing mom
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Fifth man charged with link to Mississippi officer's killing
- Mississippi man charged with setting fire, killing mother
- Mississippi police arrest man wanted for Texas killing
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Mississippi teacher killed in Louisiana; 2 arrested
- Son describes decapitating mom to Mississippi deputy