CARROLLTON, Miss. (AP) — Law officers have broken up a moonshine operation in the Mississippi Delta.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the bust happened Wednesday at a home in Carroll County.
Photo: Mississippi Alcoholic Beverage Control
Officers from the sheriff's department and the state Department of Revenue found 840 gallons (3,180 liters) of fermenting corn mash and at least 38 gallons (144 liters) of moonshine whiskey.
They also found a sugar, cracked corn, copper condensing coils, a steel cooker and a 21-barrel still.
This was at least the second moonshine bust in Mississippi this month. Agents broke up a large operation Sept. 4 in the coastal community of Kiln.
- Agents bust moonshine operation in the Mississippi Delta
- Mississippi agents make big moonshine bust in Hancock County
- Officials: Large Mississippi moonshine operation shut down
- Alabama police probe moonshine operation
- Hospital in Mississippi Delta cuts financial losses
- Mississippi narcotics agents sue over pay raises
- 2 dogfighting operations found in Mississippi
- Man charged in southwest Mississippi dogfighting operation
- Company plans wood chipping operation in Mississippi
- County in rural Mississippi Delta aims to boost recycling