MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A 4-year-old Alabama girl injured in a crash over the weekend has died.
Citing a Montgomery Police Department release, the Montgomery Advertiser reports Makenzie Rieves was pronounced dead Tuesday at a Birmingham hospital. Police say Makenzie was injured Saturday night when a car she was riding in exited Interstate 85 and collided with another vehicle.
Police say two other occupants in the car carrying Makenzie sustained non-life-threatening injuries. The driver of the other vehicle had minor injuries.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 4-year-old girl injured in Alabama crash dies
- 4-year-old girl shot inside Alabama home by outside shootout
- UAB bus crash injures many in Alabama
- Los Angeles pilot dies in Alabama crash
- Alabama man charged with murder, abuse in 4-year-old's death
- 4-year-old boy, grandparents survive Illinois plane crash
- 2-year-old Alabama girl dies after left in hot car
- 2 officers injured in Alabama crash while responding to call
- School bus crash in Alabama kills 1, injures 11
- Alabama police officer dies 2 weeks after on-duty crash