HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Two people have died in a two-vehicle wreck involving a sheriff's deputy in Mississippi.
Hattiesburg Police Department spokesman Ryan Moore says wreck happened Saturday at an intersection in the town.
A Forrest County sheriff's deputy was taken to a hospital with injuries that appeared to be minor.
Forrest County Coroner Butch Benedict told news outlets Monday that those killed were 66-year-old Charlie Epting Sr. and 80-year-old Annie Everette, both of Hattiesburg.
Sheriff's Investigators Phillip Hendricks said the deputy was on duty but was not involved in a chase or emergency when the two vehicles collided.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is helping in the investigation.
- 2 die in Mississippi in wreck with sheriff's deputy
- Mississippi deputies involved in fatal wreck resign
- 2 Mississippi children die in house fire
- Sheriff's deputy in Mississippi involved in truck crash
- Sheriff: Deputy kills carjacking suspect
- 3 die in house fire in central Mississippi
- 16 inmates die in Mississippi prison system in August
- 5 die on Mississippi roads during New Year's holiday
- Confederate emblem remains on Mississippi flag as bills die
- Bills to expand hate crimes law die at Mississippi Capitol