MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities have found two bodies in Gulf waters along the Alabama-Mississippi line weeks after two men were missing while fishing in Mobile Bay.
News outlets report the first body was discovered Thursday along Dauphin Island Parkway south of Mobile. Around the same time, workers with Mississippi Marine Resources found a body on Petit Bois Island.
Officials haven't released any information about the identity of the bodies. But relatives of at least one of the missing men have been contacted to help with identification.
The Coast Guard says 85-year-old Floyd Nelson and 40-year-old David Stadman haven't been seen since they left to go fishing Jan. 8. Their 20-foot fishing boat was located, but there wasn't any sign of the men.
- 2 bodies found weeks after men were missing on coast
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Sheriff: Men likely slain outside county where bodies found
- Body of 18-year-old missing for 2 weeks found in Alabama
- Bodies found in Alabama linked to missing rapper, promoter
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Body found under Alabama bridge
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded