TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The past few months have been a whirlwind for Brian Dozier.
The Itawamba AHS and Southern Miss product and his wife became parents to a baby girl ten weeks ago, and in late October, Dozier won a World Series championship with the Washington Nationals.
On Saturday, Dozier was in Tupelo for the grand opening of Peak Fitness, a gym he co-owns with Clay Weatherford, his childhood friend.
"We found a few spots that might be good, and we found this building," Dozier said. "It's a great location, and called it Peak Fitness, and we think very highly of it, it's been pretty good."
Dozier, who lives in Hattiesburg, will be back in North Mississippi on January 25 to host his Golden Halo event at the Tupelo Furniture Market, which will benefit disabled adults at the Crossroads Ranch in Fulton.
As for baseball, Dozier is currently a free agent.
"Wherever God points me to go, wherever He needs an impact, in a certain city or certain team, I'm all for it," he said.
- World Series champion Dozier opens gym in Tupelo
- Tupelo High School opens new gym
- Dozier wins first Gold Glove
- Dozier, Lynn, Twins power their way past Royals
- IAHS, USM product Dozier traded from Twins to Dodgers
- Fulton's Brian Dozier, Nationals agree to $9M, 1-year deal
- Reigning SEC champion Bulldogs open practice Thursday
- World Champion: Anderson Peters returns to Starkville with Gold
- Ole Miss drops series opener with Arkansas
- MSU downs Alabama in series opener