OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Rebel baseball junior closer Dallas Woolfolk continues to add to his preseason accolades, earning his fourth Preseason All-America nod of the year, this one from the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association on Monday.
The distinction from the NCBWA joins a slew of other honors Woolfolk has accumulated throughout the preseason, including All-American status from Collegiate Baseball, Baseball America, and D1 Baseball.
Woolfolk is coming off a 2017 season that saw him ascend to the position of closer where he finished one off the school’s single-season saves record with 12. He made a team-high 26 appearances last year, all in relief, en route to a 2.15 ERA and a 3-2 record, while striking out 41 and holding opposing batters to a .200 batting average in his 37.2 innings of work.
Following his dominant 2017 year, Woolfolk was selected to the Team USA Collegiate National Team, where he recorded a 0.87 ERA in ten appearances, including the closing inning in the 41st USA vs. Japan Collegiate All-Star Series.
The righty is already tied for sixth all-time on the Rebels’ all-time save list, and will look to rise up the ranks as he brings the same heat to the 2018 season.
The Rebels open the 2018 season on Feb. 16 for a three-game home series with Winthrop, followed by five more games at Swayze Field to start the year.
- Woolfolk tabbed NCBWA preseason All-American
- Collegiate Baseball tabs Woolfolk as Preseason All-American
- Ole Miss' Rolison, Woolfolk earn preseason honors from Baseball America
- Ole Miss' Jordan Fowler named NCBWA Freshman All-American
- Eight Bulldogs tabbed to Preseason Coaches All-SEC Team
- Ole Miss’ Brown tabbed AP All-American
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- Dallas Woolfolk steps away from Ole Miss baseball program
- Brady Feigl named NCBWA Pitcher of the Month
- Gary Henderson named NCBWA Coach Of The Year