BLUE MOUNTAIN, Miss. (WTVA/BMC Athletics) - Blue Mountain College has announced its intention to field an inaugural women’s volleyball team for the 2019-2020 season.
The flourishing NAIA Christian institution has made the call that coincides with its continued effort in the GROW BMC strategy that began two years ago.
The move will place the program inside a strong Southern States Athletic Conference where all of its major NAIA varsity teams already compete.
In addition, the college announced tentative plans to add a men’s soccer team for the 2020-21 season, also to compete inside the SSAC.
BMC AD Will Lowrey commented, “With the explosion of volleyball and soccer in our recruiting area, we are ready to capture that momentum and create opportunities at Blue Mountain College. While adding programs are always exciting, we have needs to expand our facilities on campus to prepare and give the proper resources. We encourage all that are interested in helping us achieve these goals to come hear details about our plans. These programs will only expand our platform to educate and prepare quality students in a Christian Worldview.”
The college plans to hold two opportunities this week for all who are interested in hearing more, including businesses, alumni, parents, athletes, etc. The first event will be Thursday at 7 p.m. in Ray Dining Hall on the BMC campus and the second event is Friday at noon at Harvey’s Restaurant in Tupelo, Miss. Tickets will be $15 for each event.
- Women’s volleyball coming to Blue Mountain College
- Blue Mountain College getting first volleyball season underway
- Blue Mountain College releases 2019 baseball schedule
- Hatcher signs with Blue Mountain
- Lady Owls outlast Blue Mountain
- ICC angler signs with Blue Mountain College bass fishing team
- IAHS duo signs with Blue Mountain College baseball program
- Will Lowrey named Blue Mountain College athletics director
- Amory's Eli Black signs with Blue Mountain College tennis
- Hatcher leaving Ole Miss for Blue Mountain