STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State has postponed a memorial service for softball player Alex Wilcox that was originally scheduled for later this week.
The school says the service is being moved to the fall semester to allow members of the softball team to return to town. More information on the service will be released in the coming weeks.
Wilcox passed away June 25 after battling ovarian cancer. The Brantley, Ala., native was diagnosed in 2015, but played for state championship teams in high school and in eight games this past season for the Bulldogs.
Wilcox was also named to the SEC Honor Roll this spring.
- Wilcox memorial service postponed
- MSU softball to retire Wilcox’s jersey; memorial service set
- MSU softball inspiration Alex Wilcox dies
- SEC softball honored with 2017-18 Sportsmanship Award for support of Alex Wilcox
- Alex Wilcox's jersey retired during halftime of the Louisiana/MSU football game
- ICC basketball games postponed to Saturday
- Northeast basketball games at East Mississippi postponed
- Tulane opener postponed to Saturday at noon
- Oxford Regional games postponed to Saturday
- MSU, North Carolina postponed until Tuesday