STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Quinndary Weatherspoon scored 21 points to lead Mississippi State to a 64-48 win over Little Rock on Wednesday night.
Aric Holman added 10 points for Mississippi State (10-1) while Abdul Ado had a career-high 13 rebounds.
Little Rock (3-10) did not have any player in double digits and had 21 turnovers that were turned into 27 points. Damir Hadzic led the Trojans with 9 points.
The first half was back-and-forth with seven lead changes and the biggest lead for either team was six points. Mississippi State went without a field goal for the last 8:27 of the first half but managed to hold a 26-23 advantage at halftime.
The Bulldogs shot just 24 percent in the first half while the Trojans shot 35.7 percent from the field. Mississippi State did make 11 free throws in the first half and Little Rock failed to convert a free throw in the opening 20 minutes.
Mississippi State scored the first six points of the second half and a 10-0 run, which featured dunks by Ado, Holman and Weatherspoon, broke the game open, making it 50-31 with 11:03 to play.
Little Rock: The Trojans lost five of their last six games and have not recorded a win over a Division 1 foe since Nov. 29th.
Mississippi State: The Bulldogs now have the program's best start since the 2011-12 season.
Little Rock is off until Dec. 29, a home game against Louisiana.
Mississippi State travels to Jackson on Saturday to face in-state foe Southern Miss.
- Weatherspoon leads Mississippi State past Little Rock
- Weatherspoon, Holman power Mississippi State past North Georgia
- Strong second half leads Mississippi State women past Little Rock
- Weatherspoon, No. 17 Mississippi State hold off Wright State
- Snell leads Kentucky past Mississippi State
- McCowan leads Mississippi State past South Carolina
- SEC statement on injury to Mississippi State's Nick Weatherspoon
- Weatherspoon lifts No. 24 Mississippi State over Florida
- Quinndary Weatherspoon's last-second 3 lifts MSU past JSU
- Howard leads No. 6 Mississippi State past Lamar