OXFORD, Miss. (AP) - Quinndary Weatherspoon scored 27 points, freshman Reggie Perry added a career-high 21 and No. 22 Mississippi State earned an 81-75 road win over rival Mississippi on Saturday.
Mississippi State (16-5, 4-4 SEC) has won four of its last six games. The Bulldogs got some payback after they lost to Ole Miss 81-77 at home last month.
Ole Miss (14-7, 4-4) led for a big portion of the second half before Mississippi State used a 9-0 run to take a 66-60 lead with eight minutes left. The Rebels pulled even at 73 on Breein Tyree's 3-pointer, but never could regain the lead.
Perry hit a 3-pointer that made it 76-73. The 6-foot-10, 245-pounder had 11 rebounds and put a career best point total for a second straight game, pouring in crucial baskets against Ole Miss just a few days after scoring 18 points against Alabama. Perry started in place of senior Aric Holman after his big game earlier this week.
Tyree led Ole Miss with 25 points.
Ole Miss scored 13 straight points midway through the first half in taking a 43-39 lead at the break.
Devontae Shuler had 14 points at halftime for the Rebels, making all three of his 3-point attempts.
- Weatherspoon, No. 22 Mississippi State get past Ole Miss 81-75
- Weatherspoon leads Mississippi State past Little Rock
- Mississippi State suspends Nick Weatherspoon
- Weatherspoon, Holman power Mississippi State past North Georgia
- Weatherspoon's late free throw lifts Mississippi State past Georgia
- Vivians leads Mississippi State past Ole Miss 69-49
- Tyree scores 22, Ole Miss rallies past Texas A&M
- Weatherspoon, No. 17 Mississippi State hold off Wright State
- Ole Miss volleyball defeats Mississippi State 3-1
- Ole Miss soccer defeats Mississippi State 2-0