BLUE SPRINGS, Miss. (WTVA) - East Union had a historic 2018 season, winning its first division football title in program history.
The Urchins lost running back Joel Wilkinson to graduation, but return other key players like Colton Plunk, DeJuan Hubbard and sophomore quarterback Ty Walton.
East Union began last season running the veer offense but switched to a spread offense.
"We still were 50-50 on it, but now, we're pretty much committed to it, so, I like the transition," said head coach Kevin Walton. "I definitely feel like it was the direction that we needed to go.
"We've got some kids that can catch the ball, Ty's done a really good job of throwing the ball, so, I'm really excited about it."
East Union hosts New Albany on Friday.
- Urchins trying to build off first division title
- Eagles soar into new division in 2019
- Several area athletes sign with Division One schools
- Parker named MACJC North Division Football Coach of the Year
- MUW accepted as provisional NCAA Division III member
- Chieftains bracing for Division 2-1A with new faces
- Hawks soar into season with new head coach, new division
- EMCC’s Juhan tabbed NJCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
- Thornberry defends title in Music City
- Bulldogs headed back to title game