JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Southern Miss pitcher Nick Sandlin was named the state's best college baseball player.
He was awarded the prestigious Ferriss Trophy Monday in Jackson.
He posted an 8-0 record during the Golden Eagles' regular season, struck out 122 batters while only walking 14 batters during 86 innings.
Alongside Sandlin in Jackson was Ole Miss' Ryan Olenek, Mississippi State's Jake Mangum, Delta State's Zack Shannon and Sandlin's teammate Luke Reynolds.
- USM's Sandlin wins 2018 Ferriss Trophy
- Ferriss Trophy finalists announced
- MSU's Mangum wins Ferriss Trophy
- Rebs, Dogs among Ferriss Trophy finalists
- Louisiana Tech downs USM
- Jenkins wins 2018 Kent Hull Trophy
- Arkansas rides big inning to 10-2 win over USM
- Stapleton's late 3s push MSU past USM
- USM captures C-USA Tournament crown
- MSU's Martinas Rankin wins Kent Hull Trophy