OXFORD, Miss (AP) -- Breein Tyree scored 23 points and sparked Mississippi to what proved to be an insurmountable early lead as the Rebels defeated Florida 68-51.
Devontae Shuler and KJ Buffen scored 14 points apiece as Ole Miss won consecutive league games for the first time and snapped a two-game winning streak by the Gators. Buffen had a team-high nine rebounds, while Shuler added a game-high five assists.
Florida was led by Keyontae Johnson and Kerry Blackshear Jr. with 16 and 11 points, respectively.
The Gators trailed 21-8 after nine minutes, 33-27 at halftime and did not cut the margin to single digits in the final 10 minutes.
- Tyree leads Ole Miss to win over Florida
- Tyree, Shuler lead Ole Miss past Missouri
- Tyree, Ole Miss hold off San Diego
- Tyree, Ole Miss clamp down on Auburn
- Ole Miss' Breein Tyree enters NBA Draft
- Tyree's big night leads Ole Miss past S. Carolina 84-70
- Tyree leads Ole Miss past Missouri 90-87 in overtime
- Tyree's 20 points paces Ole Miss past Louisiana Monroe
- Tyree scores 22, Ole Miss rallies past Texas A&M
- Buffen, Tyree double up to send Ole Miss past Seattle