TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School midfielders Carson O'Daniel and Jalin Boyd signed with Itawamba Community College's men's soccer program on Tuesday.
Boyd scored eleven goals and had fifteen assists as a senior, while O'Daniel scored seven goals and had eight assists.
"It's great, I mean, he's (Boyd) gonna be my roommate," O'Daniel said. "So, it's good we already have a connection, so it won't be too awkward or anything, and we've gotten real used to each other on the field, so I feel like we'll do real great over there at ICC."
"They (ICC) make it pretty far in their division," Boyd said. "So since Tupelo's good in that way too, because they're also undefeated most of the time, it's just the same type of atmosphere there."
"They're great players, and they're not just great players, they're great individuals," Tupelo boys soccer coach Harris Faucette said. "They've done a lot of hard work for us, and they've worked really hard to get this opportunity to play at ICC."
Tupelo went 18-1-1 this season.
- Tupelo's O'Daniel, Boyd sign with ICC soccer
- Tupelo girls soccer trio headed to ICC
- Tupelo honors SEC legend Jones-Boyd
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer
- Amory's Cameron Koehn signs with ICC soccer
- Ripley's Perez signs with ICC soccer
- Mathis overcomes injury, signs with ICC soccer
- ICC's Scott signs with LSU-Alexandria soccer
- Saltillo's Mitchell signs with ICC soccer
- Saltillo's Loden signs with ICC soccer