TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School's Jalancia Kohlheim signed with Lawson State (Ala.) Community College's women's basketball program on Wednesday.
Kohlheim, a four-year starter for the Lady Wave, scored 1,419 career points, averaging 11.4 per game. She had a career-high 29 points this season vs. Oxford.
Kohlheim hit 178 career three-pointers. She also had 553 rebounds, 202 steals and 178 assists during that span.
"The (Lawson State) coach, when I first started, came to the Columbus game, and she was very supportive, and she saw a lot of potential in me," Kohlheim said. "She told me that I was very strong, and if I played my hardest each game, I can go very far in life."
Kohlheim played on three Lady Wave teams that advanced to the Class 6A state quarterfinals.
- Tupelo's Kohlheim signs with Lawson State basketball
- Tupelo's Humphrey signs with Motlow State basketball
- Tupelo's Carouthers signs with JSU
- Tupelo's Cook signs with Jacksonville State track and field
- Major youth basketball tournament coming to Tupelo
- Four from Tupelo swim, XC sign
- Tupelo's Watts signs with ICC softball
- Tupelo's O'Daniel, Boyd sign with ICC soccer
- Tupelo's Hughes signs with Mississippi College soccer
- Tupelo's Puckett, Nettleton's Mayhew headline Wednesday signings