TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School's Sydney Hughes signed with Mississippi College's women's soccer program on Tuesday.
Hughes scored 21 goals and had five assists as a senior as the Lady Wave advanced to the Class 6A quarterfinals. She joins three other Tupelo players on the Choctaws' roster.
"I really liked the coaches, and I really liked the program, and just the atmosphere of the college, and there are also (the) three other players down there, so it's really gonna be a comfortable experience for me for my first year," Hughes said.
Hughes was named to the Mississippi Association of Coaches All-State Team and was voted as the Lady Wave's most valuable offensive player by her teammates.
- Tupelo's Hughes signs with Mississippi College soccer
- Tupelo's O'Daniel, Boyd sign with ICC soccer
- Tremont's Hughes signs with BMC hoops
- Amory's Kaleigh Wren signs with Mississippi College
- Saltillo's Kenzye Simmons signs with Mississippi College
- Ingomar's Thompson signs with Mississippi College
- Four from Tupelo soccer sign with Itawamba CC
- Tupelo girls soccer trio headed to ICC
- Ole Miss soccer defeats Mississippi State 2-0
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer