WINDSOR, Ontario, Canada (WTVA) - Tupelo native Hayden Buckley continued his stellar play on the Mackenzie Tour this week in Windsor, Ontario.
Buckley finished tied for 8th at the Windsor Championship. The former Mizzou golf standout briefly held a share of the lead on Sunday, but three bogeys on the back nine derailed his chances.
"Another sold tournament, just didn't have it on the back nine today," Buckley posted to his Facebook page. "We're still waiting on our time, but we're close to getting there."
Buckley shot three-under 68 to finish 18-under par.
American Dawson Armstrong finished 20-under par to win by one shot over six other players.
Buckley earned $5,600 Canadian dollars for the week. In six tournaments north of the border, Buckley has earned $21,520 Canadian.
The Mackenzie Tour heads to the Toronto area next week for the Osprey Valley Open from the TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley in Caledon, Ontario.
- Tupelo native Hayden Buckley earns top 10 finish in Canada.
- Hayden Buckley earns top 5 finish on Canadian Tour
- Tupelo native Hayden Buckley tied for 2nd after 54 holes at the Windsor Championship
- Tupelo's Buckley earns first professional golf win
- Tupelo's Hayden Buckley is forging his own path to the PGA Tour
- Hayden Buckley tied for 7th after 54 holes at the Osprey Valley Open
- Fulton native Ally McDonald earns top 15 finish on LPGA Tour
- Bulldogs earn top 20 finish in national polls
- Fulton native Ally McDonald earns top-ten finish at U.S. Women's Open; South Korea's Jeongeun Lee6 wins by two strokes
- Moorhead announces staff additions; Baker, Buckley to continue roles