OXFORD, Miss. (Ole Miss Athletics/WTVA) - On Wednesday, Ole Miss soccer Head Coach Matt Mott announced the addition Rebel defender and midfielder Georgia Russell to his staff as the program's Coordinator of Operations.
"I am thrilled to be adding Georgia to our staff," said Mott. "She was a great student-athlete at Ole Miss and she knows our program as well as anyone. Also, her time as an accountant and time she spent with the Ole Miss Athletic Foundation will help prepare her for her new role as our Coordinator of Operations. It is always great to bring a former Rebel back to the program!"
Russell will have a short move across campus to the soccer offices located at the Gillom Center, having served for the past two years as an accountant with the Ole Miss Athletics Foundation. Russell also spent six months as a staff auditor at Ham, Langston and Brezina, LLP in Houston Texas prior to graduating from Ole Miss in December of 2016.
Russell played for five seasons on Mott's Rebel teams from 2012-16, playing in 71 matches with 24 starts after redshirting her true freshman season. Splitting time between the back line and midfield, she finished her career with more than 2,300 minutes on the pitch, scoring twice and assisting on a pair of goals.
Also excelling off the field, Russell was named Capital One/CoSIDA Academic All-District First Team in 2013.
"I am so excited to be back with Ole Miss soccer," said Russell. "It is a dream come true for me to once again be involved with this program that I love so much. I had such a great experience during my time as an Ole Miss Rebel and I look forward to helping create that for our current and future student-athletes."
- Tupelo native Georgia Russell returns to Ole Miss soccer program as Coordinator of Operations
- Gray named Ole Miss men’s hoops coordinator of operations
- Russell returning to South Pontotoc
- Ole Miss women fall 69-45 at Georgia
- Ole Miss baseball routs Georgia State
- Georgia softball downs Ole Miss 5-1
- Reports: Ole Miss hires Mike MacIntyre to be defensive coordinator
- Ole Miss hires Mike MacIntyre as defensive coordinator
- Reports: Ole Miss hires Rich Rodriguez as offensive coordinator
- New Ole Miss football coordinators hold news conference