TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony Monday for its new gymnasium, which will also double as a storm shelter.
The school has already hosted some pep rallies in the facility, and the boys and girls basketball teams are already practicing there.
"We broke ground on this facility two Thanksgivings ago, the Monday after Thanksgiving, and it'll be two years, and we're excited, it's been worth the wait," said Tupelo High principal Art Dobbs.
The first games in the new gym are Saturday as the Golden Wave hosts a basketball jamboree.
- Tupelo High School opens new gym
- World Series champion Dozier opens gym in Tupelo
- Tupelo High School football player recovers after near-death experience
- Tupelo High School's Kenzie Sharp signs with NEMCC
- Tupelo High School honors basketball legend Tan White
- Cougars, Wolverines play at Hoosier Gym
- Tupelo High volleyball team hosts 'grass and grain' tournament fundrasier
- Tupelo football's Standifer tears Achilles
- Rebel Road Trip visits Tupelo
- Road Dawgs Tour visits Tupelo