TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A six-run first inning propelled the Tupelo 49ers to victory over the Pontotoc Red Sox in the championship game of the 49ers Invitational American Legion baseball tournament.
The 49ers led 6-3 after and inning, and held on for a 6-5 win.
Tupelo beat Pulaski, Tennessee 14-4 in an earlier semifinal.
Pontotoc edged Tuscaloosa, Alabama 2-0 in the other semifinal matchup.
The Hattiesburg based Hub City Bombers beat Huntsville, Alabama 9-8 in the consolation game.
The 49ers will host the American Legion senior state tournament July 26-29.
- Tupelo 49ers win 49er Invitational
- Tupelo 49ers win state American Legion championship
- 49ers' season ends one win short of World Series
- Tupelo 49ers win senior American Legion state tournament; hero almost misses work
- Manning's late TD pass leads Giants past 49ers
- Chiefs end drought, beat 49ers in Super Bowl LIV
- BMC women’s golf wins Lyon Fall Invite
- Vivians invited to WNBA Draft
- Cameron Clarke wins Tupelo Amateur golf tournament
- Tupelo's Buckley earns first professional golf win