FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Last season, Itawamba Community College's football team went 6-3 with a pair of All-Americans, quarterback Dan Ellington and receiver Terry Williams.
Even though Ellington and Williams are now playing Division 1, but the Indians are still ranked No. 16 nationally in the preseason polls.
At ICC's media day on Thursday, head coach Sean Cannon said he's deep at linebacker and special teams, but the number one question is at quarterback.
Three players are competing for the starting quarterback position - sophomore Spencer Unruh (Caledonia) and freshmen Clark Mills (North Pontotoc) and Laderrick Bell (Anniston, Ala.) - and Cannon says all three have their strengths.
"It's kind of like fastball, curveball, changeup, when you've got that kind of setup with the quarterback," Cannon said. "You feel like you can have that part of it, to kind of help your offense."
"All three quarterbacks have things that they do well, and at the end of the day, it's up to Coach (Cannon), but we're gonna support whoever's in there taking snaps," Unruh said.
ICC opens at Pearl River next Thursday.
- Trio vying for starting QB position at ICC
- Tupelo girls soccer trio headed to ICC
- Trio of ICC women's basketball players named MACJC All-Stars
- Trio of ICC football players named to NJCAA All-Region 23 Team
- Harbaugh: Patterson will start at QB for Michigan vs Irish
- Malzahn says top camp priority is starting QB
- Mississippi State names Tommy Stevens its starting QB
- QB Garrett Shrader breaks MSU record in first start
- Maurer will start at QB for Tennessee against MSU
- No. 1 Alabama preparing for QB Mac Jones’ starting debut