CLINTON, Miss. (WTVA/NEMCC Athletics) - Northeast Mississippi Community College defeated Baton Rouge (La.) Community College 75-59 in round one of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Region 23 Tournament on Tuesday, March 6 at A.E. Wood Coliseum.
The Tigers (19-7) advance to play Pearl River Community College on Thursday in the semifinal round from Mississippi College.
Denzel McDuffey had a game-high 16 points off the bench for the Tigers, who led a vast majority of the game. JaQuante Bell and Darius Williams followed with 14 points apiece.
Terrance Dodson topped the Bears, who were the Louisiana Community College Athletic Conference (LCCAC) champions, with 11 points. Makye Richard and Kaedrick Williams both had 10 points as well.
Northeast led 37-22 at halftime and never led the game get back within single digits in the second half. Bryant Givens also had a solid game for the Tigers with nine points, 10 assists and six rebounds.
Northeast shot 49.1 percent overall from the floor while limiting Baton Rouge (12-12) to just 35.8 percent. The Tigers were also a perfect 12 of 12 from the charity stripe.
- Tigers advance to region semifinals with win over Bears
- Tigers down Co-Lin to advance to state semifinals
- Lady Tigers down Hinds to advance to state semifinals
- Lady Tigers join Northeast men in region tournament semifinals
- Mississippi State advances to NIT semifinals at MSG
- State’s Borges advances to second straight NCAA singles semifinal
- ICC baseball wins Regional opener against Meridian
- Ole Miss blanks Auburn 7-0 to advance into SEC Baseball Tournament semifinals
- Tigers release 2018 baseball schedule
- Tigers young again, but talented