JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) – Former Ole Miss golfer Braden Thornberry will receive an exemption into the upcoming PGA TOUR Sanderson Farms Championship, tournament officials announced Wednesday.
Thornberry, an Olive Branch native, won the 2017 NCAA Championship. He was also the 2017 Haskins Award Winner with eleven collegiate tournament victories, the most in Ole Miss history.
A former No. 1 ranked amateur in the world, Thornberry is a two-time All-American and played on the 2017 Walker Cup and 2018 Palmer Cup teams.
The 156-player tournament field will be finalized Friday, Sept. 13. The event runs Sept. 16-22 at the Country Club of Jackson.
- Thornberry to receive exemption into Sanderson Farms Championship
- Thornberry Qualifies for National Championship
- Landry, Spaun among leaders at Sanderson Farms
- Thornberry concludes golf season at National Championships
- Cameron Champ wins Sanderson Farms Championship for 1st PGA Tour victory
- Champ shoots 65, takes one-stroke lead at Sanderson Farms
- Sanderson Farms moves golf tourney dates, increases purse
- U.S. Open bound: Thornberry qualifies for major championship
- Braden Thornberry wins McCormack medal
- Thornberry seizes lead with tournament-record round