INGOMAR, Miss. (WTVA) - Ingomar basketball has a reputation for winning on the court.
It's a reputation that began when the 1958 girls' basketball team put on a display of dominance that hasn't been topped for more than 60 years.
"When the season ended, we were 54-0," Lazette Stevens said.
Fifty-four wins and zero losses. Grand Slam champions. Stevens was a member of that 1958 team, which had a little extra motivation going into the season.
She spoke with WTVA sports reporter Matt St. Jean. Watch his story in the video above.
- The incredible 1958 Ingomar girls basketball team
- Ingomar defeats New Site for 2A girls basketball crown
- Ingomar's Self signs with ICC basketball
- Ingomar's Self to sign with Louisiana-Monroe basketball
- Ingomar's Thompson signs with Mississippi College
- Ingomar's Zach Koon signs with BMC baseball
- Bay Springs downs Ingomar for Class 2A boys championship
- Girls Basketball Playoffs - Round 1
- Borges’ incredible season ends in NCAA Semifinals
- Itawamba AHS hires new girls basketball coach