SAN ANTONIO (Spurs press release) - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed guard Quinndary Weatherspoon to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.
Q's compensation will be based upon which team he plays for. If he spends more time on the Spurs' roster, he'll get paid more. If he spends more time in the G League, he'll earn less money.
Weatherspoon, 6-4/205, was selected in the second round of the 2019 NBA Draft (49th overall). He is currently participating on the Spurs Summer League team where he’s averaging 15.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.00 steals in 23.7 minutes in three games between the Salt Lake City and Las Vegas Summer Leagues.
Born and raised in Canton, Miss., Weatherspoon spent four seasons at Mississippi State and is one of just three players in school history to accumulate over 2,000 career points. He earned All-SEC honors in his final three seasons, including a spot on the All-SEC First Team in his senior year when he posted a career-best 18.5 points per game to go along with 4.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.68 steals.
Weatherspoon will wear No. 15 for the Spurs.
- Spurs sign Quinndary Weatherspoon to two-way contract
- Quinndary Weatherspoon declares for 2018 NBA Draft
- Weatherspoon selected by Spurs in NBA Draft
- Quinndary Weatherspoon's last-second 3 lifts MSU past JSU
- MSU's Quinndary Weatherspoon lands on Jerry West Award watch list
- Mississippi State beats Dayton 61-59 on a Quinndary Weatherspoon buzzer beater
- Tshisumpa signs with MSU, Nick Weatherspoon returning
- Mississippi State suspends Nick Weatherspoon
- Weatherspoon named Second-Team All-SEC
- Weatherspoon leads Mississippi State past Little Rock