STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former LSU offensive lineman Cole Smith is transferring to Mississippi State.
Smith redshirted his true freshman season in 2018, when he appeared in two games as a backup.
Smith played high school football at Pontotoc. His father, Brent, is a former MSU offensive lineman.
An MSU spokesman says Smith will walk on this semester. Smith will be able to practice with the Bulldogs but will have to sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Smith transferring to MSU
- Stapleton, Wright transferring from MSU
- Report: Mixon transferring from MSU
- Report: LSU's Smith enters NCAA transfer portal
- Ashcraft, Vansau to transfer from MSU baseball program
- Bulldogs land UConn transfer
- Tanner Smith returns to MSU basketball as director of operations
- Van Jefferson transferring to Florida
- Schaefer adds transfer Sidney Cooks
- Ole Miss softens stance on transfer restrictions